1. Create your own website to use for demonstration purposes
As we go through the course, I will open my Weebly account and show them how to use SEO, create products, etc. The website assignment is a project that covers over half the course. I try to lead as many topics as possible back to their personal websites.
2. Have each student create a website
3. Combine Strategic, Creative, and Technical concepts all in one assignment
1) Start with strategic by setting at least one goal for the website.
2) Work on the creative by creating a Style Guide for graphical identity standards.
3) Determine which content will help best achieve the website goal.
4) Develop the navigational structure for the content
5) Create the content
6) Use the SEO features in the website builder to include meta keywords, title tags, alt tags for images, site/page descriptions, etc.
7) Connect to Google Analytics
8) For those who are interested, connect to Google Adsense